How to implement a RT Dose loader in OHIF?

Hi, I’m trying to load a RT Dose file in OHIF. I could make it work using cornerstonejs + reactjs (link to my repo here) but I don’t know how to do it in OHIF. Can someone please explain this to me?

You need a new sopClassHandler. We are finalizing something similar (loading DICOM parametric maps), so watch GitHub PRs to learn how to implement this. Supporting RT DICOM objects is on our roadmap.

https://ohif.org/roadmap/Q2-2024

Hi, alireza, thanks for replying. I’m looking forward to seeing the new feature.

I have read the documentation but I still have many doubts.

For example, in my React + Conerstonejs repository, I managed to display a series of frames from a Dicom RT Dose file as follows:

1. The user uploads their DICOM RT Dose file (.dcm) and a BLOB object is created
  2. The color is added to the pixels through the PixelData attribute
  3. The image is loaded into an HTML canvas

However, I don’t know how to replicate this behavior in OHIF. The only thing I know is that the ‘SOP Class Handler’ must create a ‘displaySet’ that will then be read by the ‘viewport’, but I don’t know the minimum attributes that the ‘displaySet’ needs or what functions OHIF has to show the content in the ‘viewport’, and then take advantage of its features (increase brightness, contrast, etc.)

I apologize for how complicated it can be to respond, but I am interested in learning how to develop in OHIF in order to implement this and other improvements.

Thank you

Hello, @josue-venegas
I’m also studying to figure out the same parts.
If you’ve discovered anything about the process above, would you be able to share it?

Hi!

Unfortunately I couldn’t do more, so I abandoned the task and am waiting for OHIF to implement it.

Good luck

Hi @josue-venegas ,

Thank you for your response! It’s unfortunate that you had to abandon the task.

If possible, could you share a part of the code that you wrote for cornerstonejs + reactjs (mentioned in “link to my repo here”)?
Unfortunately, the link you referenced no longer seems to work, so I was wondering if you could provide the code or any relevant information directly. It would be really helpful as a reference for studying how to work with RT Dose in cornerstonejs.

Thanks again, and good luck to you as well!